Monday, March 26, 2007

I did it!

A took M and I up for the first time yesterday. We went in an Archer III. And it wasn't as scary as I thought it was going to be. I didn't get sick either, although I have a few queasy episodes when we did sharp turns. In fact, I wasn't freaked out at all. It was interesting to see Jax from the air and I was able to identify all of the roads and stuff easily. We flew over the apt, work, preschool (M's request), the beach. I think it was reassuring that he knew the area so well. And it was cool to see the other GA planes around. M's favorite part was when we overtook a bird in the air. I'm actually looking forward to going up again.

M did get sick twice- thank goodness for ziplock bags. He was sitting in the backseat and we think it was the not looking out the window enough and focused too much on watching the GPS. We landed and walked around at another airport for a bit and he felt better in the fresh air. But shortly after take-off he was ill again. Guess we better invest in some dramamine. And consider mechanics school instead of flight schools.

A is home for another week. Nice to have the extra time with him, although it does mean he'll miss out on M's birthday party in two weeks. It's good that he'll be here for my surgery tomorrow though. That's a good trade off. We went out with other pilot friends Saturday night- it was fun and they did in fact talk about more than just aviation.

No comments: