Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Keeping it together

A whole bunch of things are coming to fruition in the next few months and life is getting crazy. Sometimes I feel like the character Eddie Murphy played in the movie Bowfinger. (A brief synopsis of the film is at the end of the post) Lately I feel like I just need to keep repeating the mantra- K.I.T, keep it together, keep it together. I know that by january things will have settled again.

Coming up in the next few months for us- the wedding (in just 5 weeks, we don't even have a honeymoon booked yet!!!), M having tonsils out (6 days before xmas), an end to the escrow that would never close on our house, the end of crunch time at work for this product sale.

Despite all of the things we've got going on, I've managed to juggle them all pretty well and haven't really dropped the ball on anything yet. Thank goodness for my dayplanner. A helps out when he can, like attending a 1 day notice birthday party at Chuck E Cheese (one of my least fav. places on earth) while I attend an unreschedulable meeting with the florist at the same time. Every day we have to make choices about what is highest priority, but it all seems to be getting done. I'm still looking forward to when A will be home for a block of time, however short, and I can leave him a honeydo list.

Despite all of the rough patches we have had this year- my cancer dx and treatment, being told I might also have a brain tumor, M needing surgery, trying to sell my family home back in CA, A's moneypit of a car, adjusting to living in a totally new place with no support systems, my dad's cancer dx and and treatment, death of my favorite uncle, being perpetually broke, planning a wedding... I've never once regretted taking the leap and coming out here to do this. Every day I see how happy A is to be doing something that he had previously only dreamed of doing. Knowing that I am helping him to attain his dream and goals means so much to me. And I know that one day the favor will be returned. I realize that it will be a long hard road still to come, with many decisions still to make, but the perpetual, eternal (and admittedly sometimes annoying) optimist in me keeps me believing that everything will work out in the end.

For those who haven't seen Bowfinger, it's about two low budget producers trying to break into the movie biz. They decide they need a star in the film and try to film Eddie Murphy's character (the big movie star)without him realizing it. The big movie star is also slightly deranged and can't figure out what is going on when these weird incidents keep happening. He keeps repeating this mantra- K.I.T., kit-kit-kit, keep it together, keep it together- to remind himself that what he thinks is happening is not. A hard synopis to follow, I know, you'll just have to see the movie.

No comments: