Thursday, October 19, 2006

Finally, a break

A has been instructing non-stop, nearly 12 hours a day for almost 2 months. It's been wearing on us. I come home angry because he used dishes but didn't have time to wash them and doesn't have time to do his laundry. But then I think about how he has run himself ragged trying to do this and reel myself in, a bit. He knows it the situation I'm frustrated with, not him. He does what he can, like helping get M ready and taking him to school in the mornings and filling my gas tank at 10pm at night so I don't have to do it. I could get up at 6am on saturday and spend time with him while he is getting ready for work, but frankly, I'm too lazy. So instead I just holler at him from bed.

Yesterday and today he's been able to get the mornings off to have some much needed personal time and run some long awaited errands. He would have the entire day off, but someone else is sick and he needs to build up some good karma. He's going to need time off for our wedding and also when M has his tonsilectomy.

In some ways, it's harder to plan things now than if he were working for a regional. At least then he could try to bid around the time we need off. And if he wasn't going to get it, we'd know ahead of time. Right now, it depends on the student loads and the school doesn't seem to know those until 2 days ahead of time. (My personal feeling is that the school could do a better job with scheduling, but that's another story...) Of course there's always the issue of commuting and flight availability to throw into the mix, but still... it's awful hard to plan anything right now.

I don't know who's going to need more sympathy- the 4 year old getting his tonsils out or the mama who has to stay home all day with the angry 4 year old...

No comments: