Thursday, November 22, 2007

What I give thanks for

Happy Thanksgiving!

For those of us who, like me, who are spending it away from our partners, I feel for you. Hopefully you've found some replacement family or friends to keep you occupied on one of the biggest family holidays. I'll be spending the day with friends, while A spends it on a long overnight in Tucson, AZ.

This year, I'm thankful for a lot of things:
  • My son and his omnipresent love for life and his Mama.
  • My husband and his ever tolerant love of me depsite some of my more charming flaws, my compulsion to air our dirty laundry online, and for humoring me about my crush on "the landscaper dad" at Kidzilla's school (affectionally known as "Someday's back-up plan").
  • That I was the one who was able to help my husband attain his dream job. Seeing the light in his eyes when he talks about flying and knowing the gratitude he feels to me for all of the encouragement and sacrifice makes it all worth it.
  • That my parents are alive, healthy and live on the other side of the U.S. from us.
  • That we have shelter and food, b/c there have been times that I felt like we were on the verge of losing one or the other.
  • For all my friends (virtual and real life) who have helped me through the last few years of my life by giving me encouragement and/or advice, lending an ear and sometimes just saying "I hear ya Sister".

No comments: