Saturday, September 1, 2007

Changes

I don't do well with change. Unless it's initiated by me, then I'm all for it. It's not that I don't like change, I do. It's not that I can't be flexible or spontaneous, I just need to know ahead of time that I'm going to need to be that way. Luckily, A is usually able to indulge my weakness. Usually.

A has been sitting reserve in ONT for a month now. Without a trip. Just before he started getting concerned about timing out, he picked up a 4 day trip. Which is great. Except that Kidzilla and I were planning on him coming home on break on friday night and that got pushed back to sunday night. 5 year olds aren't exactly known for their flexibility either, especially when they are looking forward to special Dad time. While I'm excited for A to finally get a trip, it brought home the point that he needs to consider more than just his desires when changing his trips. Another "oh yeah, huh" moment for us.

I have more C words to write about, but right now I'm out of time. A asked me when I was going to post again, so I want to at least post something...

No comments: