Monday, November 6, 2006

Students

I love to hear all about A's exploits with his students and fellow instructors. It's interesting to hear all about the different people and be able to laugh about some of the things they do or say. Since I will never meet the bulk of them, it's nice to hear about the people he's with all day long.

The part I don't like is when he tells me about how a student nearly killed him because they weren't paying attention or froze up or didn't know what to do. Granted, since I don't fly airplanes myself (and don't really have an interest in it) I never know how near these near misses really are. But to my naive mind, they all seem dangerous. Usually he blows them off, but he had one recently that kept him up all night. I trust that he's an adept enough instructor to recover, and he always has, so this was something new for us. He hasn't had much to say about it since then, so I trust that he's worked through it at this point. I hate having it in the back of my head that at some point some student is going to do something stupid and I'm going to have to deal with it.

No comments: