Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Git 'er done

I'm down to my last six weeks of classes. Which is great because although I love being in school, homework is taking it's toll on me. And life is taking it's toll on my homework. It seems like it's just been one thing after another lately.

Yesterday we found out I've got too low of fluid for the baby and narrowly avoided being hospitalized last weekend. So now I've got to manage to drink two liters of water a day and report in for monitoring weekly. At the doctor's office that is three hours away. As much as I love a good road trip, this is going to drive me nuts. However, it's only for 6 weeks until we move there permanently. Bright side, bright side.

The weekend before that, A's eagle eye and obsessive account monitoring caught some fraudulent charges on my bank card. I can only wish that I had actually been in Sao Paulo, Brazil. So we had to spend a few hours taking care of that mess. Which seems to have worked out positively. Bright side, bright side.

I have 17 items on my to do list this week- ranging from scheduling moving tasks to contacting the Dean of Students at Kidzilla's school to make sure I don't get labeled a habitual truant for having him out of school all the times I have to drive to the Dr. On top of reading 7 textbook chapters (boring!), writing a policy brief (est time 5 hrs) and taking both a quiz and exam online. Plus I've got to manage Kidzilla's commitments (football, trick or treating, homework) AND try and keep up with A. Oh, but the accomplishment I'll feel when I get it all done... Bright side, bright side.

On a positive note, A started his first trip back today. It's hard to believe it's finally here. He made it through re-training, still mostly fits in his uniform, and managed to navigate to the crew room at his new base without incident. He hasn't flown since 2/25/08 due to this. I'm going to have to review some old posts to remember what it was like when he was flying the line previously. This one should be helpful. A is worried because he isn't here to monitor my water intake for himself (silent head nodding from those readers who know what I'm talking about) and because all the driving means I might have to take the car into for it's regular service ALL BY MYSELF. He may have his issues, but I love him just the same.

If I can just make it through the next six weeks, then all I will have to worry about is nesting and prepping for another adventure.


Christy said...

Haha Johns uniform still "mostly" fits too!

Bored Pilot said...

Glad to hear he is getting back to work... I am sure you are ready to get him out of the house for a while.