Thursday, January 7, 2010

When help isn't there

A friend called last night. A friend of hers and a training buddy of her husband was killed in a plane crash on Tuesday. It was a very small company and the widow is having a difficult time with the company. The type of plane may not have had data recorders so the cause of the crash may never be able to be determined. There are conflicting reports about whether the body of the pilot has been retrieved from the crash site. I can't imagine the grief and turmoil this new widow is going through. I wish I had some resources to direct her to, but I had very little information for her. Seeing this play out just underscores the need, to me, for comprehensive information from companies about what to do in the event of an accident and what they will do for the family. I wish I could make the process of getting this in place, for our airline at least, go faster so no one else has to go through this.

1 comment:

-SPW said...

Your friend is in my prayes. This is a horrible way to lose someone you love. Being that it is aviation related it must hit home for you too. I am so sorry.