Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Coming full circle

A is now re-employed with his former flight school. We got the nod from the LTD company about what type of side employment is permissable while on leave and here we are. He'll be working with the new hire instructors and running sims for the time being, no medical needed. It's a great break for us, both financially and to get him out of the house. Although it was a funny feeling yesterday when I whipped out my phone to call and let him know I was on my way home and he wasn't available to talk.

I guess the lesson here is- never burn your bridges because you don't know when you will need to cross them again. A lot of instructors never bothered to return once they got hired by an airline. A did, and finished out the people he was training. He also worked hard when he had students, instead of slacking off like some. That made a good enough impression on the right people that they called him up when they needed work done.

I think there is going to be a slight shift in the dynamics of our home again. I noticed this previously when he was instructing and I'm curious to see if it will happen again. When one is instructing and in the bosses seat, it's sometimes hard to turn it off outside the airplane. So he comes home and forgets that we aren't students and don't need to be "taught a lesson" or generally seconded guessed in our decisions. With me being as headstrong as I am, this usually doesn't fly well in our house and gets nipped in the bud thankfully. We had an incident last night involving a vomiting kid, a towel full of ickyness and some yelling about "teaching a lesson". But we'll get this adjustment worked out too, just like we always have.

No comments: