Sunday, January 20, 2008

o.m.f.g.

Last week was probably one of the most difficult we have been though in quite a while. Our lives will be changed forever. And to top it off, I'm in the throes of pms.

Our cat of 7 years disappeared. This is totally unlike him. Usually he goes outside, cowers under a bush until the next time we open the front door and then runs in again. He doesn't really like other people. We let him outside on Thursday afternoon and he has since vanished. I'm crushed. He's microchipped, but so far we haven't heard anything about him. We did post a sign at our common mailbox area, but I'm not holding my breath. I just wish I knew what happened to him. And how to keep Kidzilla (who is the one who let him outside) to keep from feeling at fault.

A has been diagnosed with *something*. Dr's aren't sure that it's cancer (good chance it is though), but even if it isn't, it's a problem. Right now we are waiting for blood tests to come back. Any treatment will mean he'll have to stop flying and give up his medical for a while. Right now I'm wading through our Loss of License and Disability insurances to get a handle on things. This is obviously not a turn we were expecting our lives to take.

Right now I'm swimming against the tide and trying to keep my head above water. A left on a trip yesterday, leaving me alone to deal with a lot of emotions and practicalities. Such is my life- people don't want to stop flying just because my cat ran away and my husband may be facing a terrible diagnosis. Keeping up normal routines is taking just enough of me to keep from obsessing though, so maybe it's not all a bad thing that life goes on.

No comments: